CK wrote:

Could use a site check(http://working.bushidodeep.com/impress/ybf/index.html). Mostly cross-browser display. Doing my best to migrate previous code and client to Standards. Any suggestions for changes "under-the-hood" are welcome. I would like to focus on text-resizing without breaking the design, and readable font-size, without gigantism.

Best Wishes,
Chris

A "readable font-size, without gigantism" as you put it, is a matter of opinion and is a users call. Some designers leave users in control by setting default on the body and allow the primary content text to inherit it. And they throughly test the site to at least 200% in compliant browsers and text-size largest in IE6 and 7.

As it stands some stuff on your pages break at minimum font-size 24px and at +2 in compliant browsers: the same breaking occurs if /your frozen fonts/ are ignored and IE6 and IE7 are viewed at text-size largest. Ensuring adequate width for horizontal font expansion and not restricting height will help. Of course, not freezing the fonts, for IE users would be nice-- but I personally don't care as I ignore them all the time anyway...

Best,

~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/