Nielson Norman Group (NNG) have released a report  into accessibility called

Making the Web Easy to Use for Users With Disabilities
75 best practives for Design of Websites, intranets, Based on usability studies with people who use Assistive technology

Free report, usually retails at $124, a free holiday gift.

7mb PDF download available from the NNG group website at
http://www.nngroup.com/reports/accessibility/

Maybe some feedback on the report when you have finished reading it.

P.S I have nothing to do with NNG or this report, I am just sharing the link with you guys.

Paul