Hi,

We have been asked by a client whether it is possible to any extent to prevent/deter users from copying content from a particular web page.

The page will comprise two main areas:

1) Selection options in the form of select lists, check boxes etc.

2) Once the criteria have been selected then a 'Search' button will initiate a script that will query the database and display resulting text records in tabular format.

The requirement is that the the user should be able to view the resulting output, but not to be able to copy/paste to other applications.

Is this possible to achieve in a way that is standards-compliant - or indeed in any way at all? One suggestion has been to apply a transparent image over the results table - but not sure if this could be done with CSS etc?

If this is considered off-topic then I would welcome suggestions for more appropriate forums.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

--
Nick Roper