On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:58 AM, Steve Green wrote:

standards-compliant designers represent perhaps 1% of the industry

is this really the figure - any sources?

very depressing - and doesn't help those in a similar position to mine - The Florida Library Association (of which our director was president at the time) drew up guidelines calling for standards/508 compliant library web sites. But when I put forward the suggestion that our site should adhere to the guidelines: "Oh, I think people make too much of accessibility..."

La lutte continue!

Andrew

http://www.andrewmaben.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"In a well designed user interface, the user should not need instructions."