>>Every user smart enough to know there are non IE browsers are smart
enough to know sometimes you have to switch back to IE to make the
website work.

Now this is not true.... I got caught out this weekend discovering that
I needed to use IE for a media program that I assumed was just not
connecting for some reason. Maybe I should have known better, but it
still took a 20 minute call after about 30 minutes of failed connection
attempts for me to get to the root of the problem - that I was using
firefox.
I'm a fairly clued up full-time web designer, and as I said I probably
should have known better, but there are plenty of people who wouldn't
know out there.