Hi,

I use an internal web application that someone else coded.

Once I have navigated to URL for this web app (from whenever I was) I can
never go back to where I came from...which is very frustrating.

The developers of the web app say that the back button processing has been
overridden and it is not possible to go back to the place the user was
before they entered the web app.

Is there no "standard" way to prevent the back button from really going
back...but provide some mechanism (a different button/link on the page) to
allow the user to go back to where they were before the app started?

Oh..and Happy New Year.

Cheers,

Simon