Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I will go with a definition list, which is what I was leaning towards in the first place.

Thierry Koblentz wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Christian Snodgrass
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:02 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Definition List appropriate for FAQ?

Hello,

I've been trying to decide which is more semantically correct for an
FAQ, either 2 paragraph (one for the question, one for the answer), a
single paragraph (with spans for formating), or a definition list. I
think the definition list is probably the most appropriate, but at the
same time you can't really call an FAQ a list of definitions, so I'm
not

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#h-10.3
"Definition lists vary only slightly from other types of lists in that list
items consist of two parts: a term and a description."
Note that in the above paragraph they use the term "description" rather than
"definition".
You may also want to read the thread "semantic list with explanation" from
last week. As it discusses an issue specific to DLs

And this in case you plan to make the Qs toggle (on/off) the As:
<plug>http://tjkdesign.com/articles/toggle_elements.asp</plug>

--

Christian Snodgrass
Azure Ronin Web Design