Christian Snodgrass wrote:
I have a small semantic problem that I can't make up my mind about. Basically, I have a list like this: "Something: blah blah; blah; blah". The "Something:" is a different font size, and kind of a header for the list. I can't decide if I should just do a paragraph with "Something" strong or in a span, or if I should do a header and then the text in a paragraph, with some CSS to make it look properly, or if I should make it some kind of definition or other list.
It sounds like a good candidate for a definition list, but without more details, I can't say for sure. Basically, the DD's should describe their DT's. That said, you can take the meaning of "describe" very loosely. A classic example from the specs is dialog.