Check out this: http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html

Tim MacKay wrote:

Hi List,

If this discussion is outside the scope of this group I apologize, I know it was touched on a couple of weeks ago. Please email me off list if you feel it’s more appropriate.

I’ve recently had my laptop stolen and am trying to get back on track as soon as possible, it was a Mac iBook from2005, and as I’ve gone a bit deeper into web development since I purchased it I was under the impression that when I upgrade I should change over to Windows. My current situation has forced me to consider upgrading sooner than expected, so I have a few questions about the Windows environment on the new Macs. Specifically, can I run things like Microsoft Visual Studio? Flash Develop? Can I download and run .exe files? Is the Windows environment on Macintosh a true Windows environment and is it just a matter of switching OS’s like I would switch applications?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered, I am going to dig up the previous threads on this topic from the last few weeks.

Cheers,

Tim

Christian Snodgrass
Azure Ronin Web Design