The definition lists aren't soly for defining a term. The W3C specs gives an example usage of <DL> to marking up dialouges. I see the defintion lists as a good option when the list consists of two parts, a headline and a description.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Faulds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 6:39 AM
Subject: Re: [WSG] use of <p> in <li>

If the lists have a number of levels like
 Services
   Web Site Development
    Graphics
    SEO and
    more
About Us
    Me
    You
    Someone else

I'm not talking about presenting a list of links; I'm talking about presenting the actual content on a page. From your example above, it's quite feasible that you'd just have one page for Services and one for About Us. If you present

* Web Site Development
* Graphics
* SEO

as a list of services (which it is), then it's quite likely you're going to need more than one paragraph to describe each of them.

I don't buy the definition list option because I don't believe a description of a service is a 'definition' of that service (descriptions and definitions are two separate things).

The argument for splitting onto separate pages may not always be the best option either - there may not be enough to say about each one to warrant that, but there may be more than can fit into one single paragraph.

You see bulleted or numbered lists of more than one paragraph in printed material all the time, particularly academic publications.

--
Tyssen Design
http://www.tyssendesign.com.au