Gday all,

This morning I was creatively thinking different things and playing around (as you do).

I was wondering what would happen if I did a mass reset using the asterisk to make everything inline to begin with?

So in the header of my document, I included

   * {
   display: inline;
}

Now I know that external style sheets are much smarter, I just wanted to have a quick play and test.

For some inexplicable reason, the content of the style element then appears in the browser, Firefox 2, Firefox 3 beta, Safari 3 beta, Opera 9.1 (not IE7).

Is that supposed to happen? And if so, why? I am honestly stumped on this one.

Thanks,

Kat