Hello Kevin,

What exactly do you mean by proxying in this sense?

I'll just assume some stuff :)

If what your visitors are viewing is sent to them via a HTTP
connection only, you're not misleading them (unless you tell them it's
a safe connection), but you're also not using HTTPS. I assume that the
webserver serving out the page does talk to another webserver over
HTTPS but your visitors don't. So if this is the case, misleading no,
but wrong, very likely.

On the other hand, if what your visitors are viewing what's sent to
them both via HTTP and HTTPS (for instance images and other static
content via HTTP and the rest via HTTPS) then you're not misleading
them but browsers might start to complain about some parts of the page
not being sent over a secure connection. If this is the case, also not
misleading or wrong, but not too sure if it's the nicest way of doing
this.

On a sidenote. I've only been following WSG for a few days now and I'm
not entirely sure if this is on-topic. Feel free to contact me if
you'd like to discuss this off the list.

Matijs