Some excellent OpenSource CMS systems that I have had the pleasure of working with for real production work in various client environments include:

1. Joomla
2. XOOPS
3. WordPress
4. PhpNuke
5. PostNuke
6. TextPattern

Joomla is currently my favorite for clients with broad needs -- say, bbs, doc management systems, stock quotes, scheduling apps, booking apps, et cetera -- or very industry specific needs such as an auto sales site joomla has it pretty much as there are over 2,700 different modules that easily plug-in to the base framework to do anything.

Also, most if not all of these CMSes are "skinable" with the option of even allowing users to select their own custom skins in their log-in profiles.

For a simple yet elegant blog site, WordPress is a good match.

All of these are mature projects and each is worth gaining some knowledge of if just to know how very sophisticated these frameworks have become and how useful.

Most frontends in these projects may be modified with just acgiod grasp of CSS while others require some good coding experience.

As always, YMMV.

-=KuRt=-

Kurt Lovelace
MindRoot.Com