Elizabeth

I believe the solution Mike came up with to be a sound one.  However maybe
you should step back and think why this should be a  web page at all.  You
are facing the great problem of trying to make the screen look like print.
Something which drives most of us up the wall at some point.

The document could be made available for download as a PDF and also RTF (for
accessibility purposes).   It is unlikely that your client want to have the
content spidered for search engine purposes.  It also makes the site more
maintainable.  A change to the document doesn't need to have skilled HTML
work carried out on the site. remember you've also got the print style
sheets to contend with.

This approach also means that the document will always appear the way they
intend, irrespective of screen width etc.

just my two penny worth..

--
Regards

- Rob