thanks kepler for the reply.  i just figured it out.  i added a width of 30%
to the nav rule and ie7 played right.  sometimes things just go over my head
and i have to look at the outlined divs in firefox to figure things like
this out.  i was seeing a blue line for a dive that went all the way across
the page.  then i remembered that i had a nav div.  when i checked the rule
there was no width, therefore it was defaulting at 100%.  cutting the width
percentage fixed the problem.

dwain

On 3/26/08, Kepler Gelotte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > i thought i had fixed this problem.  i guess i didn't.
>

> Hi Dwain,
>

> Try adding "float: left" to your nav definition:
>

> #nav {
>
>             FLOAT: left; FONT-SIZE: 90%; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 8.5em; COLOR:
> #039; TEXT-ALIGN: left
>
> }
>

> Best regards,
>
> *Kepler Gelotte*
>
> Neighbor Webmaster, Inc.
>
> 156 Normandy Dr., Piscataway, NJ 08854
>
> www.neighborwebmaster.com
>
> phone/fax: (732) 302-0904

> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

dwain alford
"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."  Kandinsky