Hi Patrick, don't know your way can work fine with IE?

margin: 0 auto; or the margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; just the same
for horizonal center. But i think it needs text-align: center for working
with IE.

If you use text-align: center; just use text-align: left at which you need
its text be aligned left, is it right?

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Chris Broadfoot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>
> > Chris Kennon wrote:
> >
> >  I yet to devise an elegant solution centering all elements within
> > > div#innerContainer. Would a gifted Standardista offer an elegant backward
> > > compatible solution?
> > >

> > div#innerContainer { text-align: center; }
> >
> > div#innerContainer * { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; }
> >
> > ?

> Chris,
>
> Be careful, this will also center all the text for all the elements inside
> #innerContainer.
>
> Also, I'd use
>
> div#innerContainer > * {
>        margin: 0 auto;