From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jessica Enders
Sent: Thursday, 10 April 2008 11:38 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Standard for "committing" changes to a database?

Hi everyone

I am currently reviewing a desktop application that involves mostly viewing
and changing records in a database (via a nice GUI front end).

In some places, changes are "committed" as soon as you enter them, a bit
like how Microsoft Access operates. In other places, the user has to
specifically "save" to commit changes, like MYOB.

Any opinions on when one approach should be used over the other and whether
the inconsistency matters?

Thanks in anticipation,

Jessica Enders
Director