On Apr 30, 2008, at 7:17 AM, James Jeffery wrote:

could be the case when a user has JS enabled and not CSS

I'm having a hard time picturing the circumstances that would prompt a user to choose this option - surely, if such a case does indeed exist, it must rare as ... (pick your cliche).

Maximising accessibility is a worthy goal, but surely there comes a point where the benefit to one audience segment is outweighed by the harm to another segment when a feature is disabled. If I were you I wouldn't let your concern for this case hold you back from what looks to me like a very elegant solution - one that I'm fairly sure I'm going to find myself imitating sooner than later, so thanks in advance!

Andrew