I have run into a problem with having two adjacent links at the top of a page. The WAI validator complains:

"10.5 Until user agents (including assistive technologies) render adjacent links distinctly, include non-link, printable characters (surrounded by spaces) between adjacent links. [Priority 3]"

What is the current thinking on this? How can I do this WITHOUT putting any characters in there? I don't <em>want</em> any characters in there! I have tried using:

      [<a href="sitemap.html">Site Map</a>]
      [<a href="../../core/noticeboard.html">Home</a>]

and that validates WAI, but I hate the appearance of it. I could set the (non a:) text colour to be the same as the background, but that's a fiddle I want to avoid.

Thanks,

Bob