Tom Livingston provided the following information on 28/05/2008 3:26 AM:
Can anyone give me a clear example/explanation of the difference
between the alt attribute and the title attribute? How about a real
'attributes for dummies' reference?? The difference seems very slight
to me...

Hi Tom,

This might be useful: "The alt attribute must be specified for the IMG and AREA elements. It is optional for the INPUT and APPLET elements." It's taken directly from: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#adef-alt

Perhaps worth noting is that "alt" is short for "alternative text". Literally, a text equivalent of the element.