Damn, this is refreshing to hear for a change! Enough said.
Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Harris
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 9:13 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Breadcrumbs showing organisational structure and
usability

libwebdev wrote:

> My organisation manages around 7000+ pages for 100s of departments,
> using a CMS. Mine is the only department outside the CMS, just because
> we can.
>
> We have been persuaded (read: bullied) to redesign our header to
> exactly match that of the parent organisation. I have no problem with
> that per se, but theirs includes breadcrumbs, and we don't want 'em.

Who pays your bills? Golden Rule is that the guy with the gold makes the
rules. Suck it up. "Because we can" is not a valid reason to do
anything. You are part of the organization, yes? Therefore you should
fit within its structures and strictures, whether you like that or not.
If they are wrong, document it and prove it, otherwise it sounds like
petulance to me.