Have you tried to change the image background colour to match the main
background colour in Fireworks? When I want the image backgrounds to be the
same as the main background I click on the image and on the FW icon at the
bottom in the property tool panel of dwcs3 - Fireworks opens and you can use
the magic tool to change background colour to match main background colour.
It is a little complex at first but I am sure you will get the hang of it!
Don't accept changes when you exit FW to return to dwcs3 unless you are
satisfied though.
I do hope this helps! Please let me know if it does/doesnt!
Knd Regards Fiona