Paul McCann wrote:

I have a few worries though, currently both domains point to the english language version of the site, this will be changed so cymruni goes to the Welsh language side. Although the language is the same and its possible for people to flip between the two languages is it possible that google will see the site as duplicate content?

If there's 2 languages, surely the *language* is not the same, although the content covers the same items? AFAIK Google indexes the words and the words will be different.

Also we are having trouble getting the alias to append the lang=cy to it on first visit. My thought was to make the ourwales domain the prominant one, and set up a folder with a 301 redirect in it which says cymruni.org has moved permanantly to ourwales.org.uk/lang=cy that way we have only one domain indexed.

Talk to the people who run www.direct.gov.uk - they do this quite well.

2, How have/would you implement a problem like this?

Umm, why would I implement a *problem*?   ;-)

Cheers

mark