Hi Lyn,

As mentioned make sure you are using the description meta with appropriate tags.

Also make sure that the page title above the menu bar is sufficiently detailed e.g. Artist Name - Image Name &c

Image replacement on the site title is a good idea, just offset the html text sufficiently that it's not seen in the browser window.

Then you have the painting title make sure you use H1s for those and do the image replacement thing as well.

And as you said make sure the alt text is accurate.

Luke

Lynette Smith wrote:
I am about to start a site that is going to be basically several image gallery site pages. My client is an artist. I asked for some text for the site but she doesn't want "clutter". She asked: "how does it work with "key words" I realise i have not included many. are they necessary these days and if so can they be incorporated to suit search engines without visually disturbing the presentation. " She basically wants the website to look the same as the Power Point Presentation which is what I am working from.

The problem is that what text there is - site title and subtitle, navigation menu names and individual painting titles- is in a very obscure font "Andy" that seems to be obsolete. A quick search of the web revealed it was used in several programmes late 80's/early 90's and doesn't seem to be available as a free download. I asked if I could change the font but apparently all her printed matter is in this particular font so she wants to use it on the website. I can use image replacement for the title but I would really like to use a standard font for the rest.

I suppose I will have to rely on ALT text. Is there anything else I should consider? Thanks.

Lyn

Western Web Design
Perth WA