If ADA requires compliance with Section 508 (and I am not sure if it does),
then you would need to provide the content in an alternative, accessible
format regardless of how accessible the Flash version is. My reasoning is
thus:

Checkpoint m) of Section 508 states "When a web page requires that an
applet, plug-in or other application be present on the client system to
interpret page content, the page must provide a link to a plug-in or applet
that complies with ยง1194.21(a) through (l)". Clearly it is not possible to
provide such a link for user agents that do not support Flash, so in my
opinion this checkpoint cannot be met for any Flash-based content.

Checkpoint k) states "A text-only page, with equivalent information or
functionality, shall be provided to make a web site comply with the
provisions of this part, when compliance cannot be accomplished in any other
way. The content of the text-only page shall be updated whenever the primary
page changes". This would appear to allow you to achieve compliance, albeit
in a rather sub-optimal manner.

On a separate issue, can I take the opportunity to advertise a permanent job
vacancy for a website tester / accessibility tester / consultant. This is a
mid-level to senior position based on London and I am offering a substantial
finders fee for anyone who can introduce a candidate that we recruit. Full
details are available on request.

Steve Green
Labscape
www.labscape.co.uk