> I would like to know the best (or at least better and simple) way to achieve this kind of design. [horizontally aligned lists at the end of parallel columns]

Ben, I did this in May, the layout is very similar to your need. I remember Rick Lecoat helped me refine the equal height by moving the min-height to the ul that solves the text-resize issue ( I had it placed in the outer div, and when text increases, the UL items are overlapping the price).

Feel free to copy my code.
http://lotusseedsdesign.com/s/raz_compare_plans.html

The page was tested in Firefox 2 (or 2.5?!) and the 'Fastest' in the Residential Plans was aligned with others, but I see that it's not in my Firefox 3, this can be solved by adding min-height value.

Hope this helps!

tee