To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:44 PM
Subject: RE: [WSG] Forcing a vertical scrollbar in Firefox 3

Hi Jen,

Your comment may have come across as a bit more negative than it was intended, however:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fairfax.com.au%2Findex.ac
(46 errors)

He who lives in a glass house etc, etc...

My opinion (and it is just that) is the we need to stop being so critical about trifling matters like this. I applaud Opera for their involvement in web standards and for their commitment to put a resource like this together even when it doesn't seem to offer a direct business benefit for them.

Lets keep it positive folks. It won't be pretty if we start assigning value to people by how their sites look through the validator.

Happy Friday :)
Paul