>> I may be wrong, but your use of <cite> looks the wrong way around -
>> surely a citation should point at a document?
>
> If it's a cite _attribute_, then yes, it should point at a document.
> But a <cite> element, as I understand it, marks up a piece of
attribution text, and so can simply be the name of a person, or
whatever.
> Eg.

Yes, I'm using <cite> to reference the date. After a bit of search I
found this at [1]:

<cite class="ref-book" id="ref-edwards-civil_war_guns-1978"
title="Edwards, Civil War Guns">
</cite>

It's clearly overkill for what I'm doing but I can understand why the
author did it this way.

Cheers,
Jens

[1] http://bytes.com/forum/thread97106.html

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is
or may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any
attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to copyright. No part of
it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of
the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error please advise
the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete all copies.
Fairfax does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information
contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not
secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message or attached files.