Oops, I missed the bit about the form element. In that case,
everything I just said, except add a "Submit" button to your original
form element, and an action set to the path of your php script, and
the method set to "get", the name of your paging element set to match
the name of the parameter that the PHP script accepts, and the values
of the parameters set to match the values the script accepts. with the
javascript, you can remove the submit button, and attach your function
to the on change.

Or you could ditch the javascript and the form element and just use A
tags for your page interlinking.