> "As a matter of best practice, should forms on the web be
> designed to look like their paper equivalents? Why/why not?"

There's a fair bit of interpretation for that wording; but my high level
response would be "web pages should be designed as web pages".
The question has a definite air of things people worry about when they are
transitioning print skills to the online space. The obvious concept people
tend to come around to is that print and the web are different; and both
should be designed for their purpose and according to best practice for the
medium.
There should be consistent design cues, ie. use a similar colour scheme
(print colours often don't translate directly to screen colours), use the
same general branding and so forth. If you hold up the paper next to the
screen, you should be able to tell they are from the same source, but they
do not need to look exactly the same (in fact I think it's unlikely that
making them look exactly the same would be a good idea).
cheers,
Ben
--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not