> Now here is my question someone mentioned starting to use em instead of
> pixels for all of this. How does this work?
>
> Michael Horowitz

em's are somewhat like cubits and leagues. The typographers will give
you a full discourse, or six, about them. (A lot of the discourse will
even be interesting. )Consider an em to be 15px or 16px if you think
size matters.

And actually size does matter since an em will scale. As font settings
are changed, em sizes with the changes. So 16 at 100% (unless you, the
end user, redefine 100%) and 32ish at 200%. Being somewhat mystical is
an advantage. And is furthermore part and parcel of the advantages of
fluid designs implicit in separating presentation and content.

Amazingly it all does fit together.

andy