Hmm... not really an option here. It needs to have the potential to
appear on any page, so that if someone finds an internal page through
Google or gets a link sent to them by a friend, they still see the
disclaimer / warning.

At the moment I've sort of solved the problem for users with JS - if
the disclaimer is showing, I set the body's overflow to hidden so you
can't scroll. It still means that non-JS users get that ugly cut-off,
though. I'll live with it if I have to, but would certainly prefer not
to have to. :)

Cheers,

Seona.