For example - markup for a list of properties for sale:

<dl>
   <dt>Photo of Property</dt>
   <dt>Address of Property</dt>
   <dd>Price of Property</dd>
   <dd>Beds and Baths</dd>
</dl>
<dl>
   <dt>Photo of Property</dt>
   <dt>Address of Property</dt>
   <dd>Price of Property</dd>
   <dd>Beds and Baths</dd>
</dl>
<dl>
   <dt>Photo of Property</dt>
   <dt>Address of Property</dt>
   <dd>Price of Property</dd>
   <dd>Beds and Baths</dd>
</dl>
<dl>
   <dt>Photo of Property</dt>
   <dt>Address of Property</dt>
   <dd>Price of Property</dd>
   <dd>Beds and Baths</dd>
</dl>

In this case the <dt>'s handle the terms, or way we identify a property - by a picture of it or by address.

The <dd>'s handle the attributes of the property: bedrooms, baths, price etc.

You can apply this principle to almost any information - sometimes a tabular layout works even better - it just depends on your needs.

The <dl> used in this examples works great on crappy cellphones since its elements stack.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Designer / Developer/
--------------------------------------
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Fax: (866) 301-8045
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Stuart Foulstone wrote:
A <dl> is a LIST of definition terms and their description.

<dt> is a definition term to be described (not title).

<dd> is description of the definition term.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#h-10.3