> Sorry to come across blunt - but I don't think the web standards group
> is meant to be a teacher of css. Great that people on here are wanting
> to learn. But there are plenty of other places dedicated to these sort
> of things.

And I would like to know what a list on any subject is for if not for helping
people understand the most basic principles and application of a give practice.

A list on any topic must embrace all level of participants, beginners and
advanced, alike.

If one cannot expect to participate in this list and "learn CSS", then it needs
to be made known that this is a list for advanced web standards gurus
only...those who
need to understand something basic need not post...you will only be belittled
for
your ignorance, not tutored and nurtured in your quest for coding to web
standards.

My personal opinion is that the moderators need to be more "moderate" in their
enforcement of list standards.  In other words, "chill out" a little and let
this
be a living, breathing community of participants who do think other thoughts
they'd
like to share or need help on topics that might not fit a tightly screwed
definition of
"web standards", but that don't justify "joining another list" just to ask a
question
that is slightly oblique to the main list subject matter.

Anyone who thinks a list about web standards should not first have as its
mission
to teach and clarify the basics of the tools of standardization, such as CSS, is
mistaken.  Unless expressly stated, a list must cater to the lowest common
denominator of its participants, not the highest.  By doing so, those on the
bottom
are lifted up, instead of always being pushed down and kept in the dark.

And, yes, I agree with another poster, that there is a great need for a
"Standards Newbie"
list, where *all* questions are welcome, if this list won't suffice.

Rick

Horowitz