I have no problem with elementary questions about Web standards.

But there are perhaps too many posts about how to write basic HTML mark-up
and elementary CSS.  This is especially true when the 'poster' has
apparently not even tried to validate it (and, therefore, not seriously
tried to solve the problem themselves).

Should we not, at least, expect a list contributor to know the basics of
HTML and CSS, for example.

At the other end of the scale, there are sometimes posts which seem to be
more about how to 'work around' Web standards to achieve a particular
design rather than DESIGN to Web Standards in the first place (usually a
knock-on effect due to graphic designers pretending to be Web designers).