I understand your concern, Stuart.  The list shouldn't become
a "first-responder" to code someone's problem.  But we should be
aware, also, that usually, someone who posts even what seems to be
a rudimentary problem has actually tried to solve it on their own
and is just missing the solution.

Those new to CSS and other web standards tools will often be reluctant
to post their own attempts to code a solution and will just ask for
input on a solution.

It's a fine line to walk, but we have to be careful not to "read behind
the post" and assume that someone is just asking others to do their work
for them.

Rick

Foulstone