No direct experience but joomla seems to me to be bloated and exceedingly slow-loading.

Coincidentally, only yesterday did I discover a number of joomla-based sites (here in AU and elsewhere) that had been hacked. I alerted the owners. Yesterday afternoon they were clean (those that had been fixed) and this morning fresh new code had been injected.

More info here: http://forums.port80.asn.au/showthread.php?t=12610

My 2c...

Henrik Madsen
Generator