Hello, Cole.
The problem with IE's z-index, is that you should try to change it not for
"elements i've got stacking problem with" (in your situation it is menu
links and drop downs), but for their parents.
It is for you  id="wrapperSide" and  id="navTopDrop"
Try something like this:
#wrapperSide{
position:relative;
z-index:25;
}
#navTopDrop{
position:relative;
z-index:83;
}

I cant test it now.. but  AFAIK it should do the trick.

С уважением,
Юрий "akella" Артюх,
http://cssing.org.ua,