Situations like this I tend to have the normal img and a separate text in h1 then use one of several methods to move the h1 out of sight (someone mentioned indenting the text as one example). Degrades fine when no css as the h1 tag just appears in the order set in the html.

Jon Warner
www.thepixelforge.net

Schalk Neethling wrote:
Hi there everyone,

I was wondering. There is a general practice to use text replacement when it comes to company logo's on websites. If one does not want to use this practice, would there be any objection to wrapping the company logo image with an H1 one tag?

I am thinking of this more in terms of the front page, on inner pages I would think the main topic of the page is the one that should be marked up with H1.

What is your thoughts and would you recommend image replacement instead?

Kind Regards,
Schalk