From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of designer
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:29 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Skype changing format of my pages

Does anyone know a way to prevent Skype changing telephone numbers into
skype buttons on pages I have carefully designed/coded.  It bothers others
too :

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=113096

I do not use Skype, but one of my clients does, and my page design (for her
site) appears to her with the button instead of the text. (In IE).  (She
blamed me, at first!) I know she can turn it off by disabling the Skype add
on in IE, but what about all the other folk around the world . . .

As this is to do with the web designer's work being tampered with, I feel
sure it will come under the heading of standards and accessibility. Sadly, I
cannot validate it for myself, but I expect it will be deadly.

Anyone got any clues?

Bob
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk