Hi David,

I wouldnt say that I code for Firefox, more that I code in immaculate standards compliant code and that it seems to work best in Firefox, Safari and Opera ;)

You are right though - make for standard complient browsers and then use conditional statements for IE. Most of the time these are to fix very minimal spacing issues.

This isnt much but this article on sitepoint defines that firefox is the browser for web developers:
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2008/08/29/would-you-switch-to-ie8/

Darren Lovelock
Munkyonline.co.uk

Quoting David McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

For a while now, I've been operating on the principle "Code for
Firefox, hack for IE".

That is, writing CSS for the most standards-compliant browser, and then
making adjustments for non-standard behaviour.
I said this in a meeting last week to argue a point and my boss said
"who says?".

I could have said "me", but maybe that's not a good enough answer.
Somewhere some years ago I read this, or heard someone at a conference
or something and it got stuck in my head.

Is this the way anyone works?
Is it the best way to work?
Does anyone know where I got this idea from? Book? Blog? A bit of
googling this afternoon turned up not very much.

Thanks,
David