From: "willdonovan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I thought that was the case but does it render the same.

FF renders quite differently I find across PC, Mac and Lynx.

Safari does have some bugs (what browser doesn't?) but, in my experience, the largest area of concern for certain types of layouts, is in how differently Safari renders text. Its font-smoothing marches to a much different drummer :-) A case in point would be a floated menu list without a defined width for each LI (or width set in ems). The list will be signifantly wider in Safari.

As for the original question, it's usually better to code to standards. Addressing IE can be easy or hard, depending on experience level. After a while IE bugs become second nature... resulting in a "hack as you go" type of workflow.

--
Al Sparber - PVII
http://www.projectseven.com