A screen reader would read out each pipe character, resulting in a mild annoyance I would think. Is it accessible? Sure, the device can certainly handle the links and separator.

In the end though, the separator is a visual item, not part of the information. The beginning and end of each link handle the separation on that level.

That said, CSS should be used to handle that visual aspect of the links.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Designer / Developer/
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Fax: (866) 301-8045
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tim Gieseking wrote:
Agree with the list of links, and use a CSS border for a separator.

I have no evidence for you, but it sure seems to me that a pipe character would be the opposite of best practice.