> The aspx programmer is open to standards and may be receptive to my advice.
>

> how about this:
>
> <fieldset>
>
> <legend>Room Search</legend>
> <label>Check-in Date:</label>
> <select name="...">
> <option value="1">01</option>
> </select> ......
> <label for="...">Check-out Date:</label>
> <select name="...">
> .....</select>
> <input type="submit" name="..." value="Search" id="..." />
> </fieldset>
>
> ...allthough when i look at it this nearly feels like a list to me...
> -best
> kevin

Reading slow these days.

An explicit label has two parts: the label with its "for" attribute
and the "id" attribute in the control. Your example need to have the
id attribut equal to the "for" attribute of the label added to the
select:
<label for="bbb"><select name="xxx" id="bbb">

Or use the implicit form which includes the select in the label and
therefore doesn't need the "for"  or id attributes:
<label>Check-in Date:
<select name="...">
<option value="1">01</option>
</select>
</label>

Most form look like lists, don't they? What makes them different is
you are collecting data with which something is done.

drew