I use HTML-Kit which is free Web page Editing/Authoring  facility that provides
the following features:

*  Multiple File type editing: .html, .xml, .css, .rdf, .php, .js etc.
* Can be used for hand coding ala MS   Notepad
*  Pre-formed constructs, elements  & attributes can be used via drop-down
menus if desired
*  Split-screen viewing of code generation "on the fly"
*  Previewing of page layout in multi graphical Browsers
*  Selection and use of Doctype headers  (HTML/XHTML/XML)
*  Syntax checking and correction via "Tidy" plug-in "on the fly"
*  Tidy generated "pretty print" code
*  HTML-XHTML Markup conversion
* Online .html & .css document validation "on the fly"
*  Spell checker and Thesaurus
*  Search and replace facility for content management

James
--
http://jp29.org/index.php - Web Authoring References & Resources
Non-commercial interoperable & standards compliant web pages