Hi Christian,

Christian Montoya wrote on 20-10-2008:

 > http://unitinteractive.com/blog/2008/06/26/better-css-font-stacks/

Back in September 2006 I wrote a piece that reached some similar
conclusions to that above
<http://www.webspaceworks.com/resources/fonts-web-typography/60/>

At the time the use of font-size-adjust was an impractical solution due
to it's very poor support among browsers... not even consistently across
all platforms for firefox. I don't think much has changed in that
regard, but would have to check to be sure.

The best solution therefore was to use available resources regarding
font availability and to plan typography around that, looking for fonts
of similar aspect ratio with which to build your family (or stack, call
it what you will).

I've also setup tables of aspect ratios and x-widths for some common
fonts, since aspect ratios don't give necessarily the complete picture
(verdana and tahoma share the same aspect ratio, but differ
significantly in x-width).

<http://www.webspaceworks.com/resources/fonts-web-typography/43/>

Hope these may be of some use...

Cheers