Giving anyone outside your business root access to your sever is NOT wise at all.

I was previously sharing a dedicaed server with a friend that turned out to be one of the largest bot farmers in Australia, and subsequently led the server being dDOS'd.

Giving these people root access leaves any other client's on the server at their mercy, and if your other client's find out, they could have ground to sue you, especially if they're under the impression or your contracted to provide secure hosting.

Personally I would report them to the spam cops, 'cos to me, that's what they look like to be. I bet their software is just a set of spam bots, and could possibly be used to infect site visitor''s systems from any of the sites you host. And therefore give them more bots to use to send spam.

Graphics & Web Designing, LLC wrote:
I am sorry to ask this question but I am very curious as to how others feel
about this.

I have a client that is purchasing E-mail listings from a company called
expedia mail and I
Was called and asked for my server's root access information so that they can
download their
Software onto my server for my clients email campaign.

I refuse to give anyone access to MY server let alone my root access.

Am I being rude and uncooperative on this or am I right?

According to the lady I spoke with she claims that I am uncooperative and that
they have many
Companies give out there root access information to their servers.

I just can NOT put my other clients at risk and give some other company access to my server Where they have full access to my server and all of my clients and my servers information and in Addition they can do as they please once I give them my root access information.

Again, I would like to thank all for reading this post and I do hope this is not against WSG standards. But I am really needing confirmation that I am not losing it and that I was right in protecting
My clients as well as my server.

Sherri Graphic’s & Web Designing, LLC
(941)876-4609  (941)889-8336 Cell
Have a great day.