My take on JQuery is that it is:

   - Most popular JS library out there
   - Becoming a de-facto standard for cross-browser JS development
   - Something that every serious developer I have met so far is supporting
   and using

Whether it is made part of future browsers or not, it is a skill set well
worth taking up and a library well worth utilising.

Regards,

Jason

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Tatham Oddie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Tee,
>
> There are no JQuery specific extensions to IE8.
>
> There are general speed and reliability improvements to the JS engine in
> the
> browser, and IDE support for JQuery in Visual Studio, however the support
> is
> not specific to IE+JQuery.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tatham Oddie
> call:+61414275989, call:+61280113982, skype:tathamoddie,
> msn:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, tatham.oddie.com.au

Jason Grant BSc, MSc
CEO, Flexewebs Ltd.
www.flexewebs.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]