Sorry, I was a bit vague. I'm saying do all validation server-side. If
you're looking for a quick and dirty solution to the element injection
issues when screen readers are being used, you can try setting focus
back to the new element's parent, though shifting focus is a practice
often frowned upon.

On 1/20/09, Anthony Ziebell <anth...@fatpublisher.com.au> wrote:
> Server side validation is of course a must... however, if the visually
> impaired visitor has JavaScript turned on and these error elements are
> created, they won't exactly get to the server side validation now, will
> they? ARIA looks good, looking forward to it getting out of draft status.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony.
>

> james.duc...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, I made a typo. Coffee time.

>>> Agreed, and any decent validation is going to be done server-side
>>> validation anyway, so you're going to have to (or at least you should)
>>> implement the server-side responses in any case.
>>>
>>> - James
>>>
>>> --
>>> James Ducker
>>> Web Developer