2009/1/20 Matthew Pennell <matthewpenn...@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Nick Cowie <cowie.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Apparently I have a different opinion from Mr Kerr on what makes a web
>> site accessible under the Disabilities Discrimination Act.
>

> Care to expand on that point? Do his views jibe with what most web
> developers would consider 'accessible'?
>
> From Mr Kerr's original  letter, his opinion appears to that the WCAG 1.0
guidelines priority level 1, 2 and 3 are the be all and end all of
accessibility, particularly with regard to the DDA.

I take a far more pragmatic approach, particularly when it comes to the 10
year WCAG 1.0 and a number of the priority 3 guidelines that are more likely
to make a site inaccessible than accessible. http://wcagsamurai.org/

Personally I find both WCAG 1.0 and WCAG 2.0 to be lacking when it comes to
language related disabilities. Both for people with cognitive impairments
and those with english as second language, for example people with hearing
impairment whose primary language is sign language.